Sometimes you have to realise your frailties more than usual. Running back and forth, between home and our property in Belton, is tiring us out! But we have obligations, and so there's no rest for the wicked, as they say.
At home, we have Brunel and Lightning (currently on daddy's bed)and Rover (the great-grand-puppy, on nanny's bed), plus Little Bit
who gets her own special time on the bed. I am (sadly) very much a helicopter parent with her so still treat her more warily than the boys.I worry they may play too rough with her, or get jealous, so I give her her own time. Plus there really isn't room for 4 dogs on 2 beds when a human wants their spot too. Then we have the cat, Madam, fixed in her ways and deserving of a peaceful older age (she's 13) so there have to be times when there are NO DOGS in the bedroom, to give her some space, and quiet.
On the other hand, down in Belton, we have Sonny, Mama
and Lady kenneled in the barn with ice water, food and 5 fans blowing, and an outdoor run,plus Solomon, Max, Sunshine and Maisie our goats, and our one solitary surviving chicken. We go down there to let the goats out of their shelters to graze, and the dogs to hang out with us on the porch and get lovings, and go walkies.Today, we had a scare. Lady, who has been nothing but clingy with us, went off the porch and into the barn (she does this when she feels stressed and usually goes back in her kennel and lays down on her bed). What we didn't realise was that she didn't do that today. Instead, she went out the tractor door and absconded.
We hunted all over the property. Nothing. I drove over to where they had been trapped by animal control. Nothing. I was getting very panicked. Mark drove back over again, and she was just coming out of the woods on Carroll, and he called her and she looked at him and tried to lope away. He told her not to, and she started acting silly and submissive and lay down for him, belly up. He had to carry her back to my car. Unfortunately, this means she will have to only be on a leash when outside again because we can't have her disappearing any time she wants to. Of the 3, I would have expected Sonny to have been the one to try, not her. She is the most clingy, sits between my legs, or snuggles against my chest like she's afraid of the world. Mark thinks it may have been a test - "do they really care? ; will they come looking for me?" Maybe so. Who knows. But, yes we do and yes we did.
I actually did much better in the heat, today, than I had expected to. There was a very slight breeze on the front porch and it def made it more comfortable, breathing wise. And while driving, since my AC went out the other week.
Little Bit had her 3rd shots yesterday, and goes back September 23rd (my daughter, Tzena's, birthday) for her final set and her rabies. They (as always) followed up with an email today asking if she'd had any issues. She has them fooled. We go in there and she's so quiet and just wants to stay on daddy's lap ... then comes home and acts like a Tasmanian Devil. Zoomies around the bed, tags our feet with either a nose or a paw, totally crazy like the rest of the household. I messaged them back and let them know she was fine. I swear, nothing stops that puppy!
Tonight I'm hoping for a good night's sleep! My body needs rest!








No comments:
Post a Comment